EIC ANNUAL REPORT 2021
The latest EIC Annual Report presents an overview of the many issues on EIC's agenda during the year 2021. The most notable initiatives were the following:
- EIC and FIEC called in May 2021 in a Joint Memo on the proposed International Procurement Instrument (IPI) upon the EU Institutions to draft an effective legislative tool for achieving reciprocal access to public procurement markets;
- In March 2021, EIC published a Position Paper on the new external financial instrument (NDICI) concluding that current EU infrastructure funding is not responsive to Africa’s transport infrastructure needs and one month later EIC published a Memo on Future EU Financing Architecture for Development in which we criticised the current fragmentation of the EU development policy and finance;
- EIC President Chauvin echoed EIC’s concerns on the future European Financial Architecture for Development (EFAD) in an Op-Ed article for the media platform for the global development community and stressed that it is time for the EU to move forward from a global payer to a global player in international infrastructure development cooperation.
- EIC’s Digital Spring Workshop on 16 April 2021 titled ‘The 2050 Carbon Neutrality Challenge as a Business Opportunity’ convened more than 100 participants which were inspired by two key-note speeches from the Director of NEP’s Europe Office and the Chairman of ENCORD;
- Based upon the initial discussions in spring 2021, the EIC’s Digital Autumn Workshop 2021 ’A Vision for a More Sustainable and Resource-Efficient Construction Industry’ on 12 November 2021 further developed an EIC commitment towards a more sustainable and resource-efficient construction industry.
Please visit FIEC Annual Report to read the full EIC Report 2021.